- When you visit our Websites, including the information you may provide in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
- When you interact with our Applications or advertising on third-party websites and services, if those Applications or advertising include links to this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and Applications, including personal information, which is defined as information about an identifiable individual, which may personally identify you, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number or more technical information such as your computer's operating system and your Internet Protocol address, but only when this information can identify you as an individual. Depending on your jurisdiction, personal information that is aggregated and/or deidentified and/or anonymized cannot be associated with an identifiable individual and is not considered to be personal information. Subject to applicable data protection laws, we may collect necessary information directly from you when you provide it to us or automatically as you navigate through the Site.
WE PROCESS THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
- Personal details: given name(s)
- Contact details: correspondence address, shipping address, telephone number, email address, messenger app details, online messaging details, and social media details.
- Consent records: records of any consents you have given, together with the date and time, means of consent and any related information (e.g. the subject matter of the consent)
- Purchase details: records of purchases and prices; and consignee name, address, contact telephone number, and email address
- Data relating to our products: product identifiers, product name, location data, actions triggered through the use of partner integration
- Data relating to our Websites and Apps: device type, operating system, browser type, browser settings, IP address, language settings, dates and times of connecting to a Website, App usage statistics, App settings, dates and time of connecting to an App, location data, and other technical communications information (some of which may constitute personal data information); username, password, security login details, usage data, aggregate statistical information.
- Employer details: when you apply for employment or interact with us in your capacity as an employee or employee of a third party, the name, address, telephone number and email address of your employer, to the extent relevant
- Content and advertising data: records of your interactions with our online advertising and content, records of advertising and content displayed on pages or App screens displayed to you, and any interaction you may have had with such content or advertising (e.g. mouse hover, any forms you complete in whole or in part) and any touchscreen interactions
- Views and opinions: any views and opinions that you choose to send to us, or publicly post about us on social media platform
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not seek to collect or otherwise process sensitive personal information in the ordinary course of our business (for example, your precise geolocation data). Where it becomes necessary to process your sensitive personal information for any reason, we rely on one of the following:
- To perform the services or provide the good reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services
- To prevent, detect, and investigate security incidents that compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity, or confidentiality of stored or transmitted personal information
- To resist malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal actions directed at the Company and to prosecute those responsible for those actions
- To ensure the physical safety of natural persons. For example, a business may disclose a consumer's geolocation information to law enforcement to investigate an alleged kidnapping
- To perform services on behalf of the business. For example, a business may use information for maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing analytic services, providing storage, or providing similar services on behalf of the business
- To verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product, service, or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by the business, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured by, manufactured for, or controlled by the Company
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through our Websites or Applications may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites or Applications. This includes information provided at the time of purchase, product registration, account creation, subscribing to email notifications, newsletters, posting product reviews, or requesting customer service
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes
- Your responses to contents, giveaways, and competitions including photos and other images
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site (such as products viewed or purchased, promotional codes or information), including traffic data, geolocation data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site, i.e. functions like search or customer service.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). We purchase ads to place Husqvarna products and services in your feeds on social media and news sites based on your browsing patterns and searches.
HOW WE USE AND IF WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Canadian data protection laws, as enacted or amended from time to time, such as the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and substantially similar Canadian provincial data protection laws, require us to provide you with additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your personal information. Although we do not directly monetize your Personal Information, we may disclose it or allow third parties to collect it in limited situations that may qualify as a sales under certain privacy laws. We will not disclose your personal information to any third party, except when authorized by law and in accordance with applicable laws, with your consent or in the following circumstances:
|How We Use Your
(including the Business
Purpose) in the last
|Whether the personal
information is shared
To provide you with
To provide you with
To maintain an existing
To provide you with an
To provide you with
We run contests,
To notify you about
To ask you through your
To provide unique and
To enable the payment for
To fulfill any other
For any other purposes
Yes. The information
To enable direct sales
To enable communication
To provide warranty,
Yes. We may share
We may share your
Internet or other
To store information about
Yes. We may share
we may work with
we use Firebase to help
See also Information We
Enable connectivity of
No. Your geolocation
To contact and
Provide education and
Yes. We share your
Note: When possible, rather than using personal information, we will anonymize and/or aggregate personal information so that it no longer identifies an individual and use it for the purposes mentioned above or any legal purposes.
- As permitted or required by law. We may disclose your personal information as authorized or required by applicable law, for instance to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- Business transactions. We may disclose your personal information to a third party in connection with a sale or transfer of business or assets, an amalgamation, re- organization, or financing of parts of our business. However, in the event the transaction is completed, your personal information will remain protected by applicable privacy laws. In the event the transaction is not completed, we will require the other party not to use or disclose your personal information in any manner whatsoever and to completely delete such information.
You may send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request corrections to your personal information.
The Site may contain links to third party websites. HUSQVARNA does not exercise control and is not responsible for the contents or privacy practices of third-party websites that may be linked from the Site. Such websites may place their own cookies on your computer and/or have different ways of collecting and handling personal information. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy practices of such third-party websites before using them.
EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS
PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE
The Company's North American headquarters is in the United States and the personal information that we collect and process is retained and stored in the United States. We may use service providers that store personal information on our behalf in the United States and in other third countries. Please be aware that the United States, and these other third countries, may not provide the same level of protection of personal information as in your country, province, or other jurisdiction outside of your country of residence and your personal information may in some cases be transferred to those jurisdictions outside your country of residence. As a result, you understand that your personal information will be subject to the laws of other jurisdictions than your country of residence and may be available without notice to you to foreign government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable in such jurisdictions. Regardless of the Company or person who processes your information and where it is processed, we will take steps to protect your information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and this policy. By continuing to provide us with your personal information, you hereby acknowledge and agree that your personal information will be transferred to, and stored in, the United States and in such other third countries. If you are accessing our Site from outside the United States, you are transferring your personal information to the United States and you consent to such transfer. If you do not want your personal information transferred to the United States, you should not share your information with us or make use of this Site.
Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for which it was collected and for which consent was received, unless otherwise required by law. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfil the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous. We have developed and implemented detailed retention principles and will ensure destruction of personal information in a method that prevents improper access.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We have implemented appropriate technical, physical, and organizational security measures designed to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized access, and other unlawful or unauthorized forms of collection, use or disclosure of personal information, in accordance with applicable laws.
Depending on the volume and sensitivity of the information, the purposes for which it is processed and the format in which it is stored, we implement a combination of measures to protect your personal information, including:
- A privacy framework governing the protection of personal information throughout its lifecycle. This framework defines, among other things, the roles and responsibilities of the Company's personnel, provides a process for handling privacy complaints, and addresses the retention and destruction of personal information.
- Other internal policies and procedures that define the roles and responsibilities of the Company’s personnel throughout the information life cycle and limit their access to such information on a “need-to-know” basis;
- When information is collected or stored in electronic format, technical safeguards such as encryption, firewalls, passwords, antivirus software and similar measures;
- A designated Privacy Officer to monitor compliance with applicable data protection laws; and
- Employee privacy and data security training.
Because the internet is an open system, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will implement all reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us using the internet – any such transmission is at your own risk, and you are responsible for ensuring that any personal information that you send to us are sent securely.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF MAJOIRTY
Our Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under the age of majority may provide any [personal] information to [or on] the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of majority. If you are under the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features, register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of majority without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of majority, please contact us at email@example.com.